Friday

Merlin's Code

I am finally able to unveil my work on Merlin's Code!

Throughout 2010 I was part of a team of artists around the world working on artwork for www.MerlinsCode.com. The site offers learning modules to discover the timeless legend of King Arthur, the Knights of the Round and the Code of Chivalry.

I joined the team as a production artist, specializing as a colorist. Using the established look and branding of Merlin's Code I was asked to take a line drawing and digitally color it in Photoshop. Using various brushes and techniques I was able to create a watercolor look. Once I established the look of a knight and the setting, they needed to be consistent throughout each setting and module.

Over the next couple weeks I will be sharing some of the work that I contributed. I hope you enjoy it and check out www.MerlinsCode.com to see some of the artwork on the site.


These images are part of the sessions for Sir Lancelot - Knight of Gallantry:


The best part of this series of illustrations is that they are at night. I had a lot of fun using the light sources of the moon and the different fire sources. (Lancelot is on the right)

This is one of my favorites. Sir Lancelot is walking in the shadows. I love the textures of the river and the tree stump in the foreground, and the limited palette.

No comments: