Monday

SHINY and NEW(ly Wed)


Mr. & Mrs. Minks
11" x 14" Acrylic
© Laura DeDonato


I am so excited to finally post my latest portrait commission! I just received confirmation that the newlyweds received their portrait this afternoon.

A portrait this size usually takes me a couple months, which involves a lot of staring at photograph references and bringing out the features that capture their essence. (It's rare that I get a sitt
ing with the subjects I'm painting.) Everyone knows the saying that the "eyes are the windows to the soul," and I believe it. After staring at people's eyes for months, they tell me a lot. Mercedes
and Jeremy both have these amazing, sparkling blue eyes that were a lot of fun to paint. More importantly, their eyes are always beaming with love whenever they're together. It was crucial that I captured this. I also have to point out that I had a a great time with the textures of Mercedes velvet jacket and stunning hair.

Congratulations and wishing you the best for a beautiful lifetime together!

No comments: